miss-hilligoss

Do I need to issue myself a 1099 for my small business? Partnership. We probably made 16,000 the whole year.

TomD8

A partnership files an information return on IRS Form 1065.  The partnership issues a Schedule K-1 to each partner, which reports their share of the partnership income.  The K-1 becomes part of each partner's tax return.

There is a section in TurboTax for entering K-1's.  Partners in a partnership are not paid a salary as employees.

Post back if this doesn't answer your question.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
JeffreyR77
Intuit Approved!

No, you do not issue yourself a 1099 from a partnership. 

Your income from your partnership is reported on a K1 from the partnership that reports your allocation of the partnership's income and expenses. 

The amounts from the K1 then get reported initially on page 2 of Schedule E on your individual Form 1040.