Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Do I need schedule C?

I intended on using a home office but then felt that I could not meet the requirements.
1 Reply
New Member

Do I need schedule C?

When you complete the income and expenses section in TurboTax Self-Employed, all of the information will directly flow into the Schedule C and complete it with the information that you have provided.  

You can find out more about the Schedule C and the different sections by clicking the link below: 

Follow the steps below to enter your income and expenses section:

  • Sign into your TurboTax online account
  • Click Take me to my return
  • Click Federal Taxes
  • On the Income and Expenses tab, you can enter all income
  • After entering income, or clicking Edit to review income already entered, you can enter all of the expenses that go on the Schedule C

If you want to enter self-employment income without a 1099-MISC, follow the steps below:

If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income.

To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-MISC:

  • Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
  • Select the “Jump to” link.
  • Answer the general questions about your business (or select Edit at the work summary screen).
  • At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Additional Income.

If you did make $600 or more, contact the company or individual you worked for.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings