When you complete the income and expenses section in TurboTax Self-Employed, all of the information will directly flow into the Schedule C and complete it with the information that you have provided.
You can find out more about the Schedule C and the different sections by clicking the link below:
Follow the steps below to enter your income and expenses section:
- Sign into your TurboTax online account
- Click Take me to my return
- Click Federal Taxes
- On the Income and Expenses tab, you can enter all income
- After entering income, or clicking Edit to review income already entered, you can enter all of the expenses that go on the Schedule C
If you want to enter self-employment income without a 1099-MISC, follow the steps below:
If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income.
To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-MISC:
- Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
- Select the “Jump to” link.
- Answer the general questions about your business (or select Edit at the work summary screen).
- At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Additional Income.
If you did make $600 or more, contact the company or individual you worked for.