Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot file taxes as it says 1099 and W-2 Schedule not available to e-file?

So I'm ready to file my taxes but it says just that. I live in MA, and don't understand why I cannot efile. I've done this before on TurboTax so why is it an issue now? Do I have to send everything in by mail or will I eventually be able to  e-file?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Many of the state forms are not quite ready to be e-filed.  The IRS doesn't even open tax season until February 12.  COVID has really slowed everything down.

I'd recommend waiting a bit before trying again to e-file.  You probably will be able to do that and not need to file by mail.

Added after original post:  See the linked info below for proposed state forms availability dates.

State forms availability table for TurboTax indivi... (intuit.com)

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

I’m not sure why I didn’t google.. I haven’t been in the best space (health/mentally) lately haha. I appreciate the answer!

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

So happy to help.  Hope things get much better for you!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies