langhorne-jessic

Can you file business expenses and taxes if you do not have a business license such as an LLC or sole proprietorship?

I am looking into getting a business licenses but can I still claim all my years taxes from before I got the official licenses? Also, if I do not have a business license can I still claim taxes for it?
Patrice

Yes, you can still report your business income and expenses on your taxes even if you don't have a business license.  It doesn't matter about licensing as long as you were operating your business with the intent to earn a profit then you can deduct the expenses. You'll need at least TurboTax Self-Employed (online) or TurboTax Home & Business (desktop version), to report your business income and expenses in the business section of that program. 

y098

Do I need a EIN to file my business expensive too?