Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't resolve reporting LOSAP Award listed on 1099 MISC without completing Schedule C. Please provide phone call help xxxxxxxxor email to xxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can't resolve reporting LOSAP Award listed on 1099 MISC without completing Schedule C. Please provide phone call help xxxxxxxxor email to xxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.

You must be answering the follow up questions incorrectly then.

Ive got these instructions from last year, they should be similar for this years software.

Federal taxes Tab > Other Uncommon Income >1099MISC > Fill in the payer name & ID number, enter the money in Box 3 > Continue> Describe the reason "LOSAP Award" > Continue> None of These Apply > Continue > No it didn't involve work like my main job > Continue > I got it in 2017 > Continue > No it didn't involve an intent to earn money > Continue > Do You have Another 1099MISC?  If not choose NO and you should be done and the income will appear on Line 21.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Replies

what box is the money shown in on the 1099MISC?  Awards should be shown in Box 3.

Amount is shown in box 3 but program still tries to issue a Schedule C as business income

You must be answering the follow up questions incorrectly then.

Ive got these instructions from last year, they should be similar for this years software.

Federal taxes Tab > Other Uncommon Income >1099MISC > Fill in the payer name & ID number, enter the money in Box 3 > Continue> Describe the reason "LOSAP Award" > Continue> None of These Apply > Continue > No it didn't involve work like my main job > Continue > I got it in 2017 > Continue > No it didn't involve an intent to earn money > Continue > Do You have Another 1099MISC?  If not choose NO and you should be done and the income will appear on Line 21.

shirles

I tried this several times and still got a flag. What finally worked was opening the 1099-MISC in the Forms menu and adding an X next to "Other" in Box 3 (Other income). It was not a problem in previous years making me think there is a glitch in this year's version of TurboTax.

If youre using the Download/CD version, that much easier to maneuver around in.
The instructions above were for the Online version of the software...it doesn't have Forms Mode.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies