Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i delete a k1 form that is showing in final review when i have already deleted all the k1 forms?

there is a k1 form still in the tax file that is not deleting after I have deleted all k1s . it keeps showing up in final review and i can't delete it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CapB

Can i delete a k1 form that is showing in final review when i have already deleted all the k1 forms?

If you delete just the Schedule K-1, it will regenerate if associated worksheets are still in the return.

To delete all unwanted Schedule K-1's in Windows CD/Desktop:  

To delete a Schedule K-1 (including associated worksheets and schedules):

1. Switch to the Forms Mode: click "Forms" (top left corner).

2. Select the Schedule K-1 you want to delete.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the K-1 and select "Delete" (on the bottom of your screen).

How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows software?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I went to forms and there are no k1s. there are associated schedule e's but i don't know if they should be deleted?
    CapB

Yes, delete the Schedule E associated with the K-1 you want removed.  The Schedule E  is used to report income or loss from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, and residual interests in REMICs.

I am using TT Premier (not online);  a phantom K-1 shows up in the final review, but I see no K-1 or schedule E in the forms view.  The entity for which I used to get a K-1 no longer exists (though there is still carry-over capital loss from that venture).  How do I make the K-1 go away so the TT check will be happy?

Exactly, I can't file either. There's no Schedule E in the Forms. Worksheets keep popping up during final review - SUCKS - yeah 20+ years of this is enough for me too.

I'm using Deluxe

ok, finally got rid of the errors - I had to go through the Fix errors section and make up dummy entries for the K1 questions (same for the State). Then I had to go back to Federal Taxes - Wages and Income - Update on the K-1. I saw my dummy K1 name in there and was finally able to delete it (wasn't there before). So major bug, major pain - cost 2h
    CapB

If you delete just the Schedule K-1, it will regenerate if associated worksheets are still in the return.

To delete all unwanted Schedule K-1's in Windows CD/Desktop:  

To delete a Schedule K-1 (including associated worksheets and schedules):

1. Switch to the Forms Mode: click "Forms" (top left corner).

2. Select the Schedule K-1 you want to delete.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the K-1 and select "Delete" (on the bottom of your screen).

How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows software?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
      Manage cookies