turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

C-Corp Help

Hello,

I have a C-Corp that is pre-operational, meaning, we have $0 assets, $0 revenue, and incorporated to sign contracts and etc. We might have it unincorporated this year; instead of hiring a CPA (I did it for last year, it cost me $300), I was wondering if I can simply use TurboTax this year for this. If so, which software is best for me?

I just need to file the basics.

Thanks,

Victor

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

C-Corp Help

One important detail: our C-Corp was incorporated in Delaware and is certified in California. So I'd have to file for both DE and CA. Please let me know the best way to proceed. Thank you so much once again.

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

C-Corp Help

To file for your C-Corp (even if it had no income or expenses), you have to file form 1120.

To do this, you'll need to use TurboTax Business which can be purchased at this site. You can purchase state returns separately within the software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

C-Corp Help

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'd have to file for both DE and CA. Please let me know the best way to proceed.

Just so it is clear, you need to purchase the C corporation return package for each state at a cost of around $50 per state (i.e., $100 total) plus the current price of $159 for TurboTax Business to cover the federal return (1120) if you buy it directly from Intuit. So, you are getting awfully close to the $300 you paid your CPA to prepare the returns for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies