Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business Info Setup (S-Corp)

I am having a slight panic attack.  I realized after talking with a friend that when I went through the steps in TurboTax for my business information, it NEVER ASKED ME if my business was an S-Corp and everything is filed under a Sole Proprietorship Schedule C (which my business is NOT). 

I went through the steps again to set up a new business and realized again it is not asking me this information - which has me freaking out that I need to go pay an actual accountant to fix my filed return.  Does anyone know if TurboTax desktop edition actually supports S-Corps?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes there is a Desktop program.  You need the Turbo Tax Business Desktop program.  It  is a separate program from Home & Business.  It is not available to do online or on a Mac.  And it will not do your personal 1040 return.  You can have both Turbo Tax Business and a personal version (like Home & Business) installed at the same time.

You can buy the Window's version here…..

TurboTax® Business Desktop 2023-2024 | Tax Software Download

Here are the system requirements to install Turbo Tax for Windows…..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

You will need to amend your personal 1040 to remove Schedule C and to add the K-1 you will get from the Business return.  So wait to amend until the Business return is done.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes there is a Desktop program.  You need the Turbo Tax Business Desktop program.  It  is a separate program from Home & Business.  It is not available to do online or on a Mac.  And it will not do your personal 1040 return.  You can have both Turbo Tax Business and a personal version (like Home & Business) installed at the same time.

You can buy the Window's version here…..

TurboTax® Business Desktop 2023-2024 | Tax Software Download

Here are the system requirements to install Turbo Tax for Windows…..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

You will need to amend your personal 1040 to remove Schedule C and to add the K-1 you will get from the Business return.  So wait to amend until the Business return is done.

Thank you - I did not realize the "Home and Business" is not all-encompassing.  

Home & Business is for personal tax returns that need extra help for self employment on Schedule C.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies