As a statutory employee I receive W2 and file Schedule UE for business expenses. I have (2) employees and I pay wages. Can I expense on Schedule UE?

AmandaR1

Yes, as a statutory employee, you can deduct all of your expenses on schedule C, including paying employees (wages + employee benefits). TurboTax will account for this properly. 

When you enter your W-2, be sure to check the Statutory employee box (and, of course, it must be checked on your W-2). When you go to the Self-employed Income & Expense section, setup your work as a business. In the income section, you'll be able to select you W-2 to apply to income. 

Under the Income & expense summary screen, you'll see expense categories for employee wages and employee benefits.

AmandaR1

Thank you very much for helping me!   John