Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are Maryland Partnership LLC Forms released yet? Been quite a while

I'm trying to complete my Maryland Partnership (LLC) tax return, and it seems like the Maryland forms are still not released yet. Is that true that it isnt ready yet?  Or am I doing something wrong?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business indicates that the Maryland State Partnership module is estimated to be released on March 1, 2024Because updates are released after business hours Pacific time, we recommend that you wait until the next day to download the file for installation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

3/1 is here and now it says 3/8. Prior to that it was 2/16. What is the hold up on getting Maryland Partnership forms into to Turbo Tax? This is such a disappointment and poor service that the date keeps getting delayed.

sfcdmu

same here, very frustrated. was told should be available on 3/1, but still not working

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Due to recent software updates, the estimate release date for the Maryland State Partnership e-file module is March 8, 2024. The link provided above allows you to confirm the release date.

@sfcdmu 

@kim124 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I went through a similar situation in 2017/2018. Here's a link to view that discussion forum: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/when-will-you-have-md-pass-through-entity-return-...

As it turns out, the issue back then was a programming error by TurboTax -  NOT as issue with forms being released by Maryland. When I contacted the Forms Manager at the Comptroller of Maryland, this is a direct quote from their email response: "We are passing your information along to Turbo Tax. We do not have any forms approvals outstanding."

So here we go again. This feels very much like a repeat of 2017/2018. When I called TurboTax today and suggested it's a program glitch, they said I need to wait until 3/8/2024 before they can escalate my case. 

The more customers that call in and report this issue and get it on their radar, the better. That usually will help to escalate things for everyone.

@PatriciaV 

@SandSpider 

@sfcdmu 

@kim124 

Hello @PatriciaV . Is possible that you are able to request an escalation for the issue regarding the Maryland Partnership forms? A similar issue has happened in previous years (as I mentioned in a previous post). We, as customers, continue to get told that the forms are not ready yet... meanwhile it always turns out that it is a programming error/glitch with TurboTax that needs a work around. 

The Maryland Partnership forms have been available and approved for TurboTax's use since at least 01/26/2024. Here's a link to view that on Maryland's tax website: 

https://marylandtaxes.gov/pros/docs/eFileSoftwareVendors-Business.pdf

I have spoken to multiple TurboTax reps on the phone today, none of which have been able to offer a solution. My computer operating system is up-to-date; I've deleted cookies; I've deleted older versions of TurboTax. None of which fixed the issue.  This issue is not user error and it's not a forms issue. It is a program issue. 

The TurboTax Business software let me pay for the "Maryland Partnership" forms. So it seems that they are "available." But the software does not recognize the download. 

The 3/15 deadline is quickly approaching. Please - this issue needs the urgent attention of the program developers. 

Most definitely agree here. It's really not acceptable to issue the state forms a week before the standard LLC / partnership due date is.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies