Amended K-1

RosieL

Amended K-1

I filed an 1120-S for our small S-Corp.  After filing, I realized that the K-1 had an error on the Statement A page.  This error has no effect on the 1120-S.  So, do I need to file an amended 1120-S or can I just file a amended K-1 and send it to the shareholder?  Also, can I file through TurboTax Business?

Thanks for your help.

JeffreyR77

Amended K-1

A K1(S) is an attachment to an Form -1120S. 

It is not possible to amend a K1 without amending the host tax return. 

You can amend the K1 and the 1120-S through TurboTax Business.

RosieL

Amended K-1

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your response.  Do you know if there is a way to file the amended 1120S electronically through Turbo Tax Business?  It seems like it's set up to do it, but when I get to the electronic filing options, it says my return has already been filed.

It's funny because the IRS (after 2 hours of being on hold) told me to just file the amended K-1 and referenced the K-1 instructions.  But when I read the K-1 instructions, it seems that your answer makes more sense.

Thanks!

JeffreyR77

Amended K-1

To amend your 2020 Form 1120S and its K1s prepared in TurboTax Business, Go to Federal Taxes>>Other.   Type amend in the search box at the top left of the screen and click on the Jump to link.  

You will then be able to go through amending your 1120S return and the K1s to file the amended return.