Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandbautos

1099 misc.

do i have to send copy 1 1099 misc. to north carolina agency?

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

1099 misc.

Huh? We have no idea of what context your question is in. Did you receive a 1099-MISC and are asking if you need to send a copy somewhere? Maybe you're self-employed and are asking if you need to send a client you paid for their proeducts or services, a 1099-MISC? Maybe you paid a contractor to remodel the kitchen in your primary residence and you're asking if you need to send them a 1099-MISC? To many "maybes" here to keep guessing. So you'll have to be more specific as ti 'exactly" why you are asking what I'm sure is a perfectly valid question.

HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

1099 misc.

For tax year 2019, Form 1099-MISC is not required to be filed with the Department if the 1099-MISC form(s) do not report North Carolina income tax withholding payments. Please reference NCDOR for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bandbautos

1099 misc.

so no need to send anything to north carolina agency? 1099's i send out are for nonemployee compensation reported on line 7

MinhT
Expert Alumni

1099 misc.

As a company or a self-employed person, if you issue forms 1099-MISC to your contractors, you'll need to send a copy of the forms to the North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Please read this article for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.62m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v