Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Yes will do!!! I’m goin to try to get much as I can out of them for us @joshthomas988

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Thank you

You welcome appointment at 11:45 so I’ll be writing you soon after my appointment @joshthomas988

Im not only me but all of us will be curious on what you find out

I called the IRS this morning because I was instructed to call after 2/27 if I hadn’t received a letter or refund. The rep told me that I was under additional review due to additional verification. She said it could be due to wages, business income reported, credits claim etc. She stated that I was mailed out a letter stating the same thing and that nothing additional was needed. She advised to wait 60 days after the date letter to call back. The rep said it may not take that long but give it 60 days. I haven’t received a letter, but we’ll see.

Ok keep us updated!! @datvirgo1980  still no changes for me either unfortunately

No update for me either

No update either smh @joshthomas988  I’m goin to let everyone know what I find out today

This is really getting a little ridiculous @datvirgo1980. You would think by niw the wouldve been some kind of answer for all of us. I mean mine still says " take action " and when I call theres nothing I need to do at this time, that im under review and to wait 45 days. That they dont kniw if im gonna get sent a letter or not. But to wait til April 11th and if I dint have my refund by then to call. It better not take any where near that long.

@datvirgo1980 let us know what they say this is utter ridiculous I'm about over this but I had my money I work to hard for the bs

Right we all work to hard for our money and if something wrong why not tell us so that we can get the matter resolve smh @venusgray21 @joshthomas988

Indeed we do, I am afraid for everyone they told wait until April 11th since they may tell you guys to refile before the deadline and or do an amended return if they find an issue, and they take that long to advise?! It's ridiculousness for sure.

Ok. So I just got off the phone with the IRS and after talking to a really nice younger female. I asked about the status of my refund with out giving her the 1541 refereence number. Just to see what I was told. She looked up my acct and said that it was just going through the regular review process that they are really behind and apologized. She said the refund tool does update everyday but from what shes noticed is that the big updates have been on Saturday. This however I was not told to wait 45 days and a letter was being sent. She never placed me on hold but said theres nothing indicating anything was wrong with my refund. I then asked her about the 1541 and she said that its more of a generic code for being delayed, So just to be patient and keep checking the refund tool. Thanked her for being honest about why alot of people have the code. So I guess its just a waiting game. Will prolly call back next week if i dont receive my refund.

So any one have anything new they were told

Found out a lot of us that filed with Turbo Tax are SOL because there was a glitch in their updating to the IRS. The representative that I spoke with this morning informed me that TurboTax did not submit the files properly there for the line information did not match up and that is why a lot of us are on hold for employment verification.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies