Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It’s been more than 45 days that I filed for my returns. My tax return was accepted as soon as I filed it but I haven’t received my refund yet. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Jimesa

It’s been more than 45 days that I filed for my returns. My tax return was accepted as soon as I filed it but I haven’t received my refund yet. What should I do?

You should verify your return status with the IRS (making sure that it hasn't changed) then contact the IRS. Please see below:

Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?

Your federal refund can take longer than 21 days to process for the following reasons:

• You claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018.  It takes until the week of February 27 to receive your refund at the earliest.
  • The IRS processed a refund offset.
  • There were errors, inconsistencies, or missing info on the return.
  • The return is under review.
  • The IRS suspects identity theft or fraud.
  • There's a Form 8397 (Injured Spouse Allocation) on your return.  It takes 11-14 weeks to process.
  • You filed Form 1040-X (Amended Return), which can take 12-16 weeks to process.

The IRS also cautions that financial institutions may vary in how long they take to process direct deposits, and paper checks are subject to mail delays.

IRS representatives can only research your refund if it’s been at least 21 days since you e-filed, at least 6 weeks since you mailed your return, or if their Where’s My Refund? lookup tool tells you to contact them.

If Where's My Refund? says your return has been received but your refund has not yet been approved, that means the IRS has your return and is actively working on it.

When will I get my IRS tax refund?
Ctovey

I filed my return February 9, it was accepted by the irs February 12, 2021. Get my refund status has been saying pending every day until today. Now it says it cannot find the info for my refund. It’s now March 22,2021

i don’t know what to do or who to call. Filed through TurboTax.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Once your return has been filed and processed, only the IRS can provide information on the status of the refund. See the information below for available IRS phone services.

(You may have gotten  a "No information" message because the IRS Where’s My Refund?  site was updating). 

From the IRS:

Our help lines are open Monday through Friday. Residents of Alaska and Hawaii should follow Pacific time. Phone lines in Puerto Rico are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time.

Individuals
800-829-1040
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time

Businesses
800-829-4933
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time

Non-profit taxes
877-829-5500
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time

Estate and gift taxes (Form 706/709)
866-699-4083
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern time

Excise taxes
866-699-4096
​​​​​8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time

Overseas callers
Use our International Services page. 

Callers who are hearing impaired
TTY/TDD 800-829-4059

Interpretation Services
If you can't find the answers to your tax questions on IRS.gov, we can offer you help in more than 350 languages with the support of professional interpreters. For assistance in Spanish, call 800-829-1040. For all other languages, call 833-553-9895. You will reach an IRS assistor who can:

• Provide an interpreter over the phone, or
  • Schedule an appointment for you at one of our local Taxpayer Assistance Centers so you can get help face-to-face. Please note, our local offices provide assistance only on specific topics.

Requesting a face-to-face meeting for help
You can make an appointment at an IRS local office to get help. Appointment times vary by tax issues and office locations. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies