agl9591

You guys deposited my money into a bank account that wasn't mine. I've wasted countless days and hours.

Somehow, after clicking to deposit my tax returns into my CHASE bank account used for the previous year, Turbo Tax deposited my money into a Wells Fargo bank account. An establishment I've never in my 20 years banked with. It doesn't share my social security number, or any of the information with my previous years CHASE bank account. How the hell does this happen???? (I can post a record of my 2014 tax return deposit in my current account if needed). After being given the run around TWICE by your "support" staff (one out right lied to me about how this issue was "resolved"). I had to waste FOUR HOURS waiting for the IRS to hear my issue and be told that there was nothing they could do. THANK YOU SO MUCH TURBO TAX. YOU'VE WASTED. MY TIME.  I've now decided how to do my own taxes.

If you used refund processing to pay your Turbotax fees, then contact www.sbtpg.com.  SBTPG bank is supposed to open an account in your name, receive the deposit, deduct your fees, and then send the rest of the money to your regular bank. This is because the IRS will not split a refund between the taxpayer and a tax preparer.  The SBTPG account number will show on your tax return to the IRS, while your own bank account number is sent to SBTPG via separate channel.

If there are any problems (such as, your bank rejects the deposit from SBTPG, or your account number is wrong), then SBTPG will hold the refund until they verify your identity and mailing address, and then mail a check.  They are supposed to notify you by email but you may need to contact them, in case the email was lost, put in a spam filter, or never sent.  (The verification process is a new step this year because last year they were apparently tricked into sending some checks to the wrong people.) You may contact SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com if you need more information.

If you did not use refund processing, and simply included an incorrect account and routing number, the receiving bank should have rejected the deposit.  You can use this form to request an IRS refund trace https://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Question...

fanfare

TurboTAX, and IRS, take no responsibility for the wrong Bank Routing Number appearing on your tax return.
janetcintron

same has happened to me... a paper return was issued and someone else deposited the check and they wont reissue a check.
macuser_22

A check is mailed to the address on the tax return.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/lost-or-stolen-refund">https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/ge...>
janetcintron

someone apparently took it on their liberty to deposit the check. I never received the check. and they say it was payed out. and wont reissue me a check. I asked them to cancel the other check and they refuse to
macuser_22

File a police report.  Call the advocate office.  Talk to a IRS supervisor.   

They should trace it to the account that deposited it.  It is very difficult to get a Treasury check cashed without a bank account or proper identification.
janetcintron

it was deposited and cleared. I do not understand why turbo tax do not just cancel the check and pull the money out of that account and issue me a new check or deposit. I spooke to a legal adviser from the IRS and advised me , this is a legal issue between myself and turbo tax
macuser_22

@janetcintron - TurboTax does not issue checks or pay refunds.   If the check was a Federal tax refund and you did *NOT* have your TurboTax fees (if any) paid from your refund, then the check came direct form the US Treasury (the IRS) to you.  TurboTax is not involved.  That is strictly between you and the IRS.

If you *DID* have your TurboTax fees deducted from you refund, you could only do that if you requested a Direct Deposit to a bank account, not a check.   In that case the refund goes to Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, not TurboTax.  If for some reason they could not direct deposit the refund after subtracting the fees, they will mail a check.    If that is what happened you can contact the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group here:  You may contact SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.sbtpg.com/">https://www.sbtpg.com/</a> if you need more information.

In neither case does TurboTax have anything to do with your refund.  Once the tax return is sent to the IRS, TurboTax is out of the picture and cannot assist you.
trcainfree

Go online at: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/lost-or-stolen-refund">https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/ge... the instructions and you should be able to get all the help you need.