Solved: You could file an amended return.  If you fail to ...

Taxable interest from amended return?

I filed an amended return last year, and got a statement in the mail from the IRS that I had received $12.50 in interest from the government (since they had my return longer than they normally would.) The letter says this is taxable income and I need to file it, but I don't know where.

Taxable interest from amended return?

You would report the $12.50 of interest income in the Income Section, Interest and Dividends, Interest on 1099-INT.  The interest amount goes in Box 1.

Taxable interest from amended return?

Taxable interest from amended return?

Is there a way to correct this if taxes has already been done?

Taxable interest from amended return?

You could file an amended return.  If you fail to include interest reported to you by the IRS, they will "adjust" your return to include it and bill you for any additional tax.  It's just a question of how long it will take them to do it.  Interest and penalties (if applicable would continue to accrue).