turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi when I filed taxes I selected that I couldn't be claimed can I change that please my mother claims me. I am dependent upon her

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi when I filed taxes I selected that I couldn't be claimed can I change that please my mother claims me. I am dependent upon her

You can not just change the field that says you can be claimed as a dependent. You must amend your return. Do not make any changes until you start to amend.  Here is how to amend  . And amendments must be mailed, they can not be efiled.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3061514-how-do-i-amend-a-2016-return-in-turbotax

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can not just change the field that says you can be claimed as a dependent. You must amend your return. Do not make any changes until you start to amend.  Here is how to amend  . And amendments must be mailed, they can not be efiled.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3061514-how-do-i-amend-a-2016-return-in-turbotax

Under your personal information, change that you can be claimed on someone else's return
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies