turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just got another 1098T for educational and tax benefits for 2017. I already filed and sent in my Federal tax return.

I was not anticipating this due to the fact I did not start courses until jan 15th, 2018 as well I will be taking courses just for this spring 18. I did not take any in 2017 or 2016.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just got another 1098T for educational and tax benefits for 2017. I already filed and sent in my Federal tax return.

You can deduct Qualified Educational Expenses paid for in 2017 for classes that begin in the first three months of 2018.

If your return has been filed and accepted by the IRS, you should wait until you receive your refund or paid your balance due to amend the return.

See How Do I Amend a Return Already Filed?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can deduct Qualified Educational Expenses paid for in 2017 for classes that begin in the first three months of 2018.

If your return has been filed and accepted by the IRS, you should wait until you receive your refund or paid your balance due to amend the return.

See How Do I Amend a Return Already Filed?

Thanks Vince L for taking the time to answer!! This information was helpful.

Your welcome and thanks for choosing TurboTax!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies