Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ckhatcher

Load last year's return?

I had to load TurboTax on laptop; cannot use desktop that I used last year.  I have backed up copy of last year's return on hard drive.  Can I load it on my laptop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Load last year's return?

Yes you can copy your files (both .tax and .pdf) to your laptop computer. They are usually stored in Documents in a TurboTax folder.

Load last year's return?

If you used a TurboTax Online account to file a prior year return:

1. Sign-in and load My Tax Timeline (you may have to select this from the drop-down in the upper-left)
2. Load My Tax Timeline is displayed on the lower-right (scroll-down if necessary)
3. Choose the year you wish to access. Once chosen, click Download/Print Return (PDF)

Note: This feature will be locked if any unpaid version of TurboTax was used to file.

If any CD/Download version of TurboTax was used to file, the information prepared is only stored in your personal files. You may request an exact copy of your return from the IRS for a fee. You can also request a tax return transcript at no charge. For either, see here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901218-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-tax-return-from-the-irs

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies