turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pepperrr

When I filed in January 2018 my state tax refund was $202. Due to Illinois IRS being closed for January I'm now filing and my refund is now $125 with no info change. Why?

No information has changed between then and now, but there is a $77 difference just because of the date. I want to make sure this is a correct thing happening and not a mistake somewhere.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I filed in January 2018 my state tax refund was $202. Due to Illinois IRS being closed for January I'm now filing and my refund is now $125 with no info change. Why?

Yes...a lot changed.

When the IL software was updated on 29/30 January, the IL software was also updated to include the "correct" 4.3549% blended IL tax rate for 2017.  The older data was for the 2016 3.75% rate.

That's just one reason why you couldn't file until the software final 2017 IL forms/rates hit teh software.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes...a lot changed.

When the IL software was updated on 29/30 January, the IL software was also updated to include the "correct" 4.3549% blended IL tax rate for 2017.  The older data was for the 2016 3.75% rate.

That's just one reason why you couldn't file until the software final 2017 IL forms/rates hit teh software.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies