Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone familiar with why the Transcript is updated with code "846" for 2018 Tax Year, and yet WMR still shows "Received"

2019 - Filed with TT. Have 2018 IRS Transcript with 846 - Refund Issued 2/13/2019, yet no update on WMR as of 2/8/19... Not sure what is going on last year requested DD and all info correct & received chk in mail.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies

Is anyone familiar with why the Transcript is updated with code "846" for 2018 Tax Year, and yet WMR still shows "Received"

Hey there, whats your cycle code on your transcript, if you don't mind me asking?  If your cycle code ends in a 5 - your a weekly, which means your WMR will update on Saturdays (I'm a weekly as well).  An 846 code is good, that's your refund code!  Thats what you want to see, so congrats!  What has likely happened is that your transcript just updated with that 846 code and you will see movement on your WMR next.  As far as your last year request for DD and then receiving a check, normally things like that only happen because there is a discrepancy on your DD information (routing number, bank acct number, bank name, etc.).  Hopefully that doesn't happen for you this year.  Hope this helps and good vibes!

Thank You. Cycle Cpde: 20190605  I have next to the 846 = Refund Issued of 2/13 but no DD. As mentioned WMR no update.  So I was a little shocked.  Weird because my friend filed on 2/4 and WMR updated & will be getting refund 2 days before me when I filed on 2/1

Yeah its frustrating to be a weekly, for sure.  Over the years I have learned a lot because of it.  Your friend is likely not a weekly and therefor updates daily.  Also, something to note is that the IRS no longer pulls first in first out batches as it has in the past, its done randomly in "batches"so there is some truth to file date but not like before.  This causes a lot more inconsistency in trying to figure out when and why you were or weren't processed before someone else.  It can be super frustrating.  Just as an FYI, my date is Feb 13th as well.  🙂  I anticipate you will see some movement on your WMR over the weekend and that will give you your date as well.  Hope your DD goes through and you don't have to wait on a check this year.
Filer
Returning Member

@ slp_921 what does it say on wmr
Filer
Returning Member

I filed the same date and was accepted 2/1/19

Only "Received"

The 846 code is the DD date. The status bar may not change until over the weekend. If your getting a check mailed it will be a week after that that you will receive it

Thanks - WMR has not moved. Hopefully, Saturday. Next to "846" have Refund Issued (as mentioned before) of 2/13/2019... Keeping fingers crossed.
ConnieRN
Returning Member

I filed my return 1/31 and it was accepted within an hour. Today I was able to view my transcripts online with all the info. I don’t get EIC or ACTC. My cycle code is the same, 20190605. To the right of the cycle code it says 02-25-2019.  I see the 846 code on my account transcript, but I also see ‘Return issued 02-13- 2019’ on it, so is that our anticipated DDD? My filing fees have to come out, so mine will stop by SBTPG first... Oh, and the last couple years my info on WMR never made it to the 3rd bar until AFTER I already had my refund!

ConnieRN if the 846 date is usually the ddd date.  If it is direct deposit if it's a paper check it would be a couple of days after that, about a week

The best way to figure out when you are getting your money or if the IRS has approved you is to take the time to download your transcript on IRS.GOV.

Once you download your transcript

Go to "record of account transcript" and select 2019

Here you will see a bunch of "sh it" Just look for the codes and if you see "846" with refund date, Then you approved and all good.

The WMR and IRS.2GO apps seem to move slower especially if you are weekly.

The transcript will give you the most informative and most up to date information.

I have an offset and when I call the line it tells me my whole refund will be offseted but when I look on my transcript it shows no other codes after the 846 code saying that it is refunded. 

I am curious does this mean my offset didn't go through. But it also shows that I am a weekly updated person. 

In the past years if I got an offset it shows me the refunded amount that I get back under Refund amount and then the 848 code of who took the rest but not on this one. 

Help if you have any clue as to what it is going on. 

Butterlove did you get your refund yet or find out if the offset went through? 

If you don't mind me asking what is your offset from?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies