Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pkelly
Returning Member

Worried our family of six may not get the COVID19 stimulus check even though we qualify for 2019 income

I was offered a job with a different company and relocation package in 2018 and we moved to FL. Our 2018 Income looks much higher than 2019 income because all of the relocation benefits were handled through a relo company and even were tax assisted. It all showed up on my W2 for 2018 including the additional money paid as taxes. Now that the stimulus check is being offered (in the near future hopefully) I’m worried we aren’t going to qualify since that is the year they are going to look at even though we already filed our 2019 taxes and are way under for a married couple filing jointly. I have the breakout from the relo company and everything but since starting in 2018 moving deductions weren’t allowed it is all just listed as income. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Worried our family of six may not get the COVID19 stimulus check even though we qualify for 2019 income

Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to if and when there will be stimulus checks or as to how it will be determined who is eligible.  We just have to wait to see what the requirements are.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies