turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will the stimulus check be direct deposited to my checking account or will turbo tax forward I had my fees deducted from my return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Oliejuice
Returning Member

Will the stimulus check be direct deposited to my checking account or will turbo tax forward I had my fees deducted from my return

I dont remember if it was answered by somebody in this forum or on another one, but this person said the IRS will send the money to the account that is on your finished 1040 or whatever form you used either this year if you have filed and if not then the form you sent for.2018.  On 1040 it is line 21 or 22 I believe.  I was thinking same as you tho as I had my fees taken from refund this year.  My bank account and bank routing number were the numbers on my 1040 tho so I feel confident that the money wont go through SBTG and will go to your account first.  Hope this helps you.  Lets cross fingers and hope their is meaning to this day being called, 'Good Friday'.  Stay safe, stay healthy, stay positive.  Cheers

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts.

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Oliejuice
Returning Member

I am sorry but I dont except this answer from you at all.  I am kind of upset that you get to respond to peoples questions and concerns doing so with "Tax Expert" next to your name.  You are responding to people that have Im sure try to research the answer they needed ti their own issue and probably couldnt find it in one if the two links you provided that essentially are redundant as every publication that addresses these stimulus payments says the exact same thing and that is a vague and almost patronizing "lets walk you through how this work".  Im pretty sure the households that made 200k either this year or last dont give a crap about the $240 check they will be getting and Im sure most of them didnt get a refund, they paid the IRS their refund.  So these tax brackets arent the ones frantically trying to figure out what is going to happen to their payment and when it will arrive, and for some people with unique tax situations in what form the payment will arrive.   My big issue with your reply to OP's question is you didnt take the time to read it and read it thoroughly.  She didnt make any reference to adjusting her DD.....at all.  She wanted to know since she opted to make her payment to TurboTax through her refund and thereby having it routed to Santa Barb Tax Group before her bank account, was this going to happen again with the stimulus payment.  She is on a TurboTax forum being addressed by an employee of TurboTax who is branded with expert like the Hollywood sign in an 80's movie.  My original answer wasnt a concrete answer but I volunteered it because I had same concern as her and wanted to tell her what alleviated my stress about it.  I dont know for sure but at this point I would bet a lot of my stimulus check what I said will be the end result.  I lm sorry but I am in a horrible horrible place right now in an unstoppable chain of events that are like dominos of hell and I have had so many CS agents the last 3 weeks to a month do exactly what you just did.  We need and want help.  We dont know what is going on behind the scenes and we just want to have answers and potentially someone or somebody/s to show some empathy and compassion for our plight.  I have received none of these things.  Just the same generic scripted response that was on par to the one you offered that doesnt address what was asked in the first place.  It is an emotionally unstable world and the population is reacting accordingly so I will advise this: be very careful with what you state as expert opinion because when you dont even address the question asked in your entire response, well some may care more some may care less about it.  The ones that do, like myself, dont take it with a grain of salt very well.  I personally have felt I have zero control over anything and just keep having more taken from me while I ask why but they say heres how.  I know how, tell me why.  Show some respect to your customers and to the badge you are wearing as an expert. That is all I have.  Good day to you.

I feel exactly the same way as you. I can’t believe they cannot give a concrete answer I’ll take whatever it is but the not knowing if I get a check in a week or three months would definitely at least put my mind at ease. I wouldn’t doubt if they’re thinking of a way they can make a lot of money off of it

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The official answer is: "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details."

This is because that is the truth.  What I can tell you is that you will get a letter or Email prior to receiving the check.

Based on oer best available information:    The first group – estimated to cover 50 million to 60 million Americans – would include people who have already given their bank account information to the Internal Revenue Service.

The first group also would include Social Security beneficiaries who filed federal tax returns that included direct deposit information, according to an alert put out today by U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich. Dingell's announcement said the expectation is that the first direct deposits would hit in mid-April, likely the week beginning April 13.

I'm sorry, but that's all we have so far.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies