Will my taxes be amended by you or the IRS since m...

bobbiritter

Will my taxes be amended by you or the IRS since my unemployment wasn't taxable and I filed before it passed?

macuser_22

The $10,200 unemployment retroactive to 2020 was signed into law.

If you already filed - do not amend. See this:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-get-the-new-unemployment-benefits-if-i-ve...

"If you have already filed your 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR, there is no need to file an amended return (Form 1040-X) to figure the amount of unemployment compensation to exclude. The IRS will refigure your taxes using the excluded unemployment compensation amount and adjust your account accordingly. The IRS will send any refund amount directly to you."

bobbiritter

This didn't help me at all with my question.. So shall I amend my state taxes? The IRS has alot going on to think they could correct everyone's return that got unemployment.

CatinaT1

Check with your State Department of Revenue to see what guidance they advise for this.