Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my stimulus payment load on my turbotax prepaid card or will i have to wait for a paper check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Will my stimulus payment load on my turbotax prepaid card or will i have to wait for a paper check?

The answer about whether the stimulus payment will be loaded on the TurboTax prepaid card is not yet know.  The IRS has not provided any guidance regarding that situation yet.  

However, you should not have to wait for a paper check if you have an account you can use for direct deposit.  According to the IRS site linked below, there will be a Get My Payment tool available soon that will allow you to update your direct deposit information so that your payment will go to an account of your choosing.   

Use the following links to keep up with the latest developments:

IRS -- Economic Impact Payments

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center

@christinacam16

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Man....what do you mean with this crap? How is your head this far up your ass turbo tax??? You keep regurgitating this same crap about"guidance"!!??! Money is already being sent out and you guys are deciding to sit and wait while your customers are being treated like crap......I fall to see what is so difficult about a simple yes or no question about YOUR OWN PRODUCT! You suck turbo tax

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You don't have an answer because we don't have an answer. Something like this is not an automatic process. There has to be negotiations between the bank and the IRS. If an agreement is reached that they will cooperate in having this be an option, it still has to be programmed. It is not the same as getting your refund.

If I don't get that direct deposit on my prepaid card that you guys convinced me to use then Im switching to H and R block next year, kiss my butt, sorry not sorry. #petty

scumbags.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

@ramonjohngotti

This is an absolute joke and the fact that a large company such as yourselves is unable to take the necessary steps to negotiate the matter with the IRS in order to give us a definitive answer is APPALING. ALSO YOU SENT OUT A FALSE NOTIFICATION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS STATING THAT THE STIMULUS CHECKS WILL BE DEPOSITED ON THE 15TH OF APRIL INTO OUR TURBO CARD ACCOUNTS. This is not only wrong it is illegal. 

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is still waiting on guidance from the IRS to determine what types of financial accounts stimulus payments will be directly deposited into. Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information if necessary.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies