Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

@cat102169  U said it there are trolls everywhere even on help boards

Metamoore,

Mornin boo.

We gonna check our cards at 10 and at 1. Those are feed times. You down?

@Tommybee wrote:

I filed Federal and state through Turbo-Tax direct deposit. Does the IRS have this banking information for the stimulas check?

Yes, the IRS has your direct deposit information from the 2019 federal tax return you filed

Mckheisa44
Returning Member

Yes

@Money Binoculars1  Please explain🙏 

@Money Binoculars1 

Emailing every top intuit employee as we speak. Might not get me any clear answer,  but it's worth a shot.  Started w c.f.o. working my way down the list.  😆 

How do you not know if our stimulus checks will be deposited on our TurboTax card? They started sending them. You have to know.

@Money Binoculars1 

I'm down 😂 hopefully something will happen today, worst case scenario change your DD info Friday if nothing has happened

Hello everyone I just made a post myself but after I made my long post, which I apologize about, lol, I realize that I made a response and or posting based off of post that I saw on the first and second page. When I originally made that posting I did not know but there have been several several pages of postings that were current . With that being said it seems now as of the last few posts that I have read that TurboTax has now in fact responded or people have found out that if you do have a TurboTax card that you will receive your stimulus check via direct deposit on the card. If you do not have the card and you select a direct deposit then the stimulus check will be direct deposited. I STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE to do your due diligence and make sure that you double check to make sure that you are receiving the amount that you were supposed to. As you know the IRS will be launching an online tool which will allow people to track to see where their stimulus payment will be. Also the IRS is supposed to send out a letter anywhere up to two weeks after you receive your payments in the mail to verify but they have sent out the payment and I believe it will also include how much was sent to you. Why do I arrange that you check this? Well because it is very clear that TurboTax will be receiving our stimulus checks first and then to attacks will distribute it to each person. Why do I say this? for the very reason that everybody was asking questions that they were asking in the beginning and TurboTax was not initially answering any of these questions. People are wondering whether or not they were going to receive a check in the mail and rather than getting a direct deposit. Some people did not have to pay for their tax preparation as they had the free version such as the 1040EZ. While others had to pay for their tax preparation. Of course you have the option to pay for the tax preparation upfront or you can have the fees deducted from your refund. Last year I paid for it upfront, this year I did not. This year I had it deducted from my refund. Therefore what happens? How else would a tax preparation service take their fees out if they were not having the refund deposited to them first? So that should answer all of our questions. Clearly when a person files their taxes and have to pay the tax preparation fee, the tax preparation company will deduct their fees first and then they will deposit the remaining amount into your account or if you have a TurboTax card then it is deposited to your TurboTax card. Now TurboTax is saying that this is how the stimulus check will be deposited as well. That is why I am urging the everybody check the amounts because number one computers make mistakes andso do people. If a company has to distribute millions of payments to customers than something is bound to get messed up. It just makes sense. Also as I have seen others comment, even if a person's payment we're to be delayed by one day by TurboTax multiply that by millions of people, so they tax will benefit from this as they will gain interest in their own account. That means they will make tons of money off of this. For people that did not have to pay any tax preparation fees, I'm not sure how it will all play out but I would like to think that since there were not any tax preparation fees, if you did not have to pay for anything when you filed, I would like to think that you would just receive your direct deposit. With that being said I'm hoping to see everything next couple of days that people have commented on here saying that they have received their direct deposit even for people that did have their fees deducted from their refund rather than paying the fees up front. Back in 2008 if you did not pay your fees upfront and went through a tax preparation service then you were mailed a check . Good luck everyone and use this as a time to re-evaluate how you want to file your taxes next year and who you want to file it with 🙂

Champ,

Thank you Bruh🇺🇸

You broke out

@GardenGuy_Vic Did you have your fees taken out or did you use the free version? I tried to look and see but couldn't see if you posted the information or not. 

Beatrice,

When i got my refund we learned they do postings at 10 and at 1. Some got it at 10. Some at 1. A day early. Which would be today.

I detailes it heavily back in the late 80's pages like 40 minuyes ago

Want to give a quick shout out to all our Essential employees, thank you guys for putting yourselves out there for our health ♥️♥️

Where is my stimulus package

@raymondmk4 wrote:

Where is my stimulus package

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies