derqly2

Will amending my return delay my refund?

After filing, I received a W2 I was not expecting. Would I get my refund sooner if I wait to amend my return or will a W-2 that was not included delay my refund?

BarbL

You will need to wait until you receive your refund before amending to add the additional W-2. An amended return will not affect the timing of your initial refund.

Amended returns must be printed and mailed, and the Form 1040X which is used to amend your tax return is not scheduled to be available from the IRS until February 11, 2016.   After February 11, the link below will include the 2015 tax year instructions for amending your return.  You will be able to do it by logging into your TurboTax Online account and clicking Amend/Change Your Return from your Tax Timeline

How to Amend a Return You Already Filed

If you have made any changes to your return since filing, you will need to undo them before beginning the amendment process (this is important

BarbL

How to Amend a Return You Already Filed