turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is the IRS site telling my info is incorrect when i was checking on my status for my stimulus check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Why is the IRS site telling my info is incorrect when i was checking on my status for my stimulus check?

The IRS Portal is new, not everyone's data may be uploaded yet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

17 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Is it giving you the standard "we don't have information" message that many taxpayers are seeing or something different?

it says i qualify for the check but lack the information for direct deposit. But when i put the information on the next page which is everything Turbotax has on record it says the information doesn't match our records. I used the 2018 information and it states the same thing. I know this year i have received my income tax due to a clerical error but i sent the 1040x in to fix it and the IRS still hasn't posted an update even though they have had the form for 5 weeks.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Thank you for that additional information. I wasn't entirely sure where to start with troubleshooting!  

When you tried the 2019 numbers did you use the ones from the 1040X?   Try the original numbers (if you haven't already) as those are likely to be the ones in the system if the 1040X has not been processed. 

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, you may have to wait for the paper check. However, if that does happen to you - I would also try again in a week or so to see if the IRS records have been updated to reflect your information.  The system is still new, and it could simply be a hiccup at this point. 

yes but my understanding was i could use 2020 or 2019 tax info. i had no issues with 2019 but these system still said information doesn't match.

yes i used 2019 set of numbers and 2018 numbers. Could the cause being 2019's refund hasn't been processed yet? But that shouldn't interfere with using 2018's numbers?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

The IRS Portal is new, not everyone's data may be uploaded yet.

Why does it tell me my info does not match when I put it in to check my stimulus 

Millions of people who filed their taxes with preparers like H&R Block, TurboTax, and others didn’t receive their payments because the IRS didn’t have direct deposit information on file, the Treasury said. i am having the same issue with my acount and so far nothing has worked to fix this.

I've been having the same problem I've waited 24 hours and updated my direct deposit info yesterday then it locked me out yesterday I just want to sign in so I can check to find out when I get my stimulus but it's saying I'm still locked out wth it's.

yes you have to wait 25 hours before you can resign in.  I sat down tonite and double checked my info again and realized with my tax mistake this year's info even thou wrong was the info i needed to add in and it worked. For some reason last years tax info doesn't work on the site to update your info.

Permatory

Great question. Our reply states that the information does not match what the IRS has. We have not filed for 2019 yet and are using 2018 information directly from our finalized taxes through Turbotax. We owed taxes and filled out  the necessary questions on the portal stating that. The line items and numbers are correct so I am baffled as to HOW this is an issue??

Hi my name is Woodrow and i filed my taxes last year with h&r block and this year with another place and iv not received or heard anything about my stimulus and ever time i try to use the irs payment portal it tells me my info dont match and i even got my tax stuff from last year and this year and put it in just like they did and same thing anyone that might can tell me what im doing wrong id really appreciate any and all info and help thank you and god bless

for some reason 2018 tax info doesn't work only 2019 info does. Now just waiting on the IRS to give me a date on the stimulus deposit

I’m going through the same thing. I can’t get passed where you put your social/address.  It’s stressing me out to no end.  I know I’m Putting the info correctly.  I’ve tried using dashes, I’ve tried using all caps in the address.  I’ve tried it all.  I’m always getting locked out.  So annoying 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies