Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is the IRS not showing 2019 returned filed on my IRS account?

Just wanted to let folks know that after many months of frustration and nonresponse from the main IRS, I called my state IRS Tax Advocate.  I got a callback one business day later.  The Advocate confirmed that my tax was processed (even though my online records said that it was not) and my tax refund was credited.  I am very thankful for the service.  

If you want to try to contact your state IRS tax advocate, look up their phone number and address on Local Taxpayer Advocate | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov).

BFB1
Level 3

I'm having the same issues.  They cashed my check in Feb 2020 and as of today my 2019 tax return has not shown up

argiel27

I requested a copy of my Tax Transcript and showed "no record of return filed", but my requested copy

of my Account Transcript showed " under Code 610 "payment with return". What exactly is the status of

my return? What do I have to do to prove to the lending Institution that I have filed my return?

I have the same problem--never received the second Stimulus payment.  When I look online, it says my 2019 was not received but they cashed the check I sent with it.  I was able to get someone from the IRS on the phone (after a 30 min wait)--he said they have just started processing my 2019 return and I should give it 3 weeks.  My 2020 return has been rejected 3x--they keep asking for my AGI from 2019, then saying the number I gave them is incorrect, even though I took it right off the form.  I'm guessing they can't accept 2020 until they finish processing 2019?  Problem is I really really need that stumulus!!!

I am having the same issue. I e-filed my 2020 taxes with TurboTax, and my form was rejected because the IRS has no record of my paper form 1040 for my 2019 taxes, but they cashed my check. That's when I found out my 2019 taxes weren't recorded. So I re-filed my 2019 taxes. And I just read that we're not supposed to refile because the IRS is so backed up due to lack of employees to process all the paperwork. Arrrgh!  I can't even get anyone on the phone at the IRS. Good luck to both of us with this! I'd like to get the second and third stimulus checks!!

The only way to get the second stimulus check now is on the 2020 return ... the 2019 has nothing to do with it any longer.   And the third check (if/when it is issued) will be an advance on the 2021 return so if you don't get it in advance you will get it on the 2021 return.

BFB1
Level 3

I know of someone that had the same issue.  When asked for AGI for 2019 they put in zero and within a hour their 2020 tax return was accepted

IRS.GOV still does not show 2019 1040 that was mailed a year ago. Payment was cashed by the treasury and shows the date and my SS number. What to do now? refile? IRS phone numbers are robot driven and are no help always ending in a dead end.

as a result, I was unable to e-file 2020 1040 and had to mail. Now I am concerned that both are lost.

@catanddogman wrote:

IRS.GOV still does not show 2019 1040 that was mailed a year ago. Payment was cashed by the treasury and shows the date and my SS number. What to do now? refile? IRS phone numbers are robot driven and are no help always ending in a dead end.

as a result, I was unable to e-file 2020 1040 and had to mail. Now I am concerned that both are lost.

I do  not know where you are looking.   The IRS refund site only shows 2020 returns.

You can see if there is a transcript.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks. That provided different information for 2019 and showed all payments for 2019 but still said there was no 1040 return. The check was mailed with return so I am so confused. How could that happen and what should I do, if anything?

The check being cashed is proof they received it.

See:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4921.pdf

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thank you.

That makes much sense. I will contact an advocate and see if I need to do more.

You have been very helpful

They are way behind.  If you filed a paper return it probably has not been entered yet (they process the cash fast but not the return).  If you put in the correct AGI it will not work until your return is processed.  Put in zero ($0) is supposed to make it work in this case according to the IRS website https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Under Individual 2019 tax returns (hit the plus and scroll down to the bottom of that section and you will see 2020 filing info).

@gretchhub wrote:

They are way behind.  If you filed a paper return it probably has not been entered yet (they process the cash fast but not the return).  If you put in the correct AGI it will not work until your return is processed.  Put in zero ($0) is supposed to make it work in this case according to the IRS website https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Under Individual 2019 tax returns (hit the plus and scroll down to the bottom of that section and you will see 2020 filing info).

The poster was asking about a *2019* tax return filed a year ago - the IRS is not that far behind.

elle914
Returning Member

I am running into the same problem.  I went to go e-file my 2020 taxes today and it keeps getting rejected because it's saying my AGI isn't correct.  I went to get a transcript and nothing is there at all for 2019.  We paid in last year and I have record of the IRS taking my withdraw from my bank account.  Any suggestions?  Should I just send it in via mail?

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies