If you accidentally amended your State return then please try the information below to unamend your state taxes and then at the bottom of this post you will find the steps to complete your state return:
The best way to "unamend" your state return is to go through your state return from the beginning and keep your eyes peeled for amend-related screens or questions.
The amend question usually appears right at the beginning or towards the end of the state interview (never in the middle).
- Correct any entries that have to do with an amended return, e.g.:
- Answer No when asked if you want to amend;
- Clear any amend-related checkboxes;
- Delete entries in the tax year field.
Note: In a few state programs, you actually have to answer Yes to the amend question so you can revisit the screens that contain the information you want to delete.
If you have e-filed your Federal tax return and it has been accepted, then you can follow the steps below to file your State return:
- Login to your TurboTax account.
- In the Welcome Home box, click on the My TurboTax tab at the top and then My Tax Timeline
- In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state. (Important do not select continue with state return as it will send you back in a loop. Please select add a state, as this will bring you back into the program, even though you are not really adding a state. Instead you will be selecting the tab in the next step)
- Click on the State Taxes tab. (Located in the upper portion of the screen)
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with State.
- Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.
Still have questions?Make a post