Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Slw97

Why is my federal return still pending ?

What’s the number to talk to someone at turbo 

KSeago

• My refund was accepted Feb 10 2021 with no UPDATES !! It is now Feb 22 2021 an my once accepted return now says Pending ??? What happened ??

So I filed with another company and the IRS accepted my returns immediately. TurboTax can enjoy my rejected returns. No one has time to play with them. I was told by a TurboTax representative that these returns that have been pending days have to go through a internal security check by TurboTax. They had no clue how long this process was going to take. So In short. My returns were NEVER transmitted to the IRS.  Such liers 

[phone number removed]

I tried to give u the number but it got removed right away

I don’t need it but I thank you so much 

It was for someone above u

So you filed with another company even though you were pending and it went through? I am so disappointed this year...I've used TurboTax for many many years and never had this problem. 

My refund is still pending today is day 5 and still no update that the irs has accepted it!!..my wife is so nervous and idk what to tell her anymore..I contact turbo tax but they keep pointing to the irs (which they haven’t even received yet) I need answers TurboTax 

Any update?

What update

Shantteal
Returning Member

Its still not here today why

Coeb79

My refund was filed and accepted on feb 12, but since then it is still pending. Why have people who filed after me received theirs within two weeks? 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@Coeb79 Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. Once your return has been accepted, only the IRS knows the status of processing your tax return.

If your return shows it is processing on the Where’s My Federal Refund? site, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Once you have e-filed your tax return, there are a few ways to check the status of your refund:

• You can use the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool (fastest option) or you can download the IRS2Go app to check your refund status.

• The tracker displays progress through three stages:

• Return Received (or may say Processing) > Refund Approved > Refund Sent

Please bear in mind that the IRS doesn't always move as fast as taxpayer would like (especially when waiting for a refund). Any taxpayer who reports certain items of income (such as self-employment) or certain tax credits (such as dependent care) can experience longer wait times for the IRS to process their tax return, and ultimately issue a tax refund. Updates on the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool are done daily usually overnight on the IRS site, hopefully you will see that update soon.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ link below for more information:

What if the "where's my refund" tool says it's still being processed? I received my state already . And I filed on February 17. Which is over 21 days obviously. Just a little confused because it says it has been accepted

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies