turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is it taking my taxes so long to get accepted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Having this same issue. Filed on the 29th, and my return status was changed to accepted. Did a family members taxes for them 2 days after mine, and they got theirs back already, yet I'm still waiting. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Carter0822 The IRS does not process returns in first in first out batches. They are processed individually and at different times. Accepted means your return was received and the basics (such as the correct social security number) seem to be in order. With the new tax laws and updates, the IRS is taking every precaution to ensure each tax return is process correctly and fully. Again, as your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies