Why is it taking my taxes so long to get accepted

Employee TurboTax Specialist

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

Having this same issue. Filed on the 29th, and my return status was changed to accepted. Did a family members taxes for them 2 days after mine, and they got theirs back already, yet I'm still waiting. 

Employee TurboTax Specialist

@Carter0822 The IRS does not process returns in first in first out batches. They are processed individually and at different times. Accepted means your return was received and the basics (such as the correct social security number) seem to be in order. With the new tax laws and updates, the IRS is taking every precaution to ensure each tax return is process correctly and fully. Again, as your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285