tcamp531

Why is a 1040 showing up when I tried to print simple tax form for stimulus?

GiseleD

The simple tax form is a 1040. I'm assuming that you do not have a filing requirement, and you are completing the form as a non filer. According to the stimulus page for non-filers at IRS.gov (last paragraph at the bottom of the page):

"Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment."

TurboTax is using a method similar to the Free File Fillable forms to provide this service, but the process is the same. A simple 1040 will be created. 

GiseleD

That IS the simple tax form that is being filed. It must be done on a 1040 as a simple return. There is no such thing as a 1040A or a 1040EZ anymore. 

tcamp531

The simple tax form was different than 1040 so why is 1040 showing when I try to print the form that was the stimulus form different I don’t think there they are the .same 

GiseleD