Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why don't I have an update on my refund advance application after IRS accepted my return?

I selected my 2023 refund to be dispersed to my credit Karma Spend account, which auto-populated my routing and account number for my credit Karma Spend account when I selected the refund advance option upon completing and checking out. The IRS has accepted my return and  I h; have not gotten an update on my refund advance application status. (Previously approved for last year which is why I  still have and utilize the CK Spend account). I reached out to Turbo Tax and they stated it is a glitch in the system and are unable to fix the issue and that it would be processed as a normal direct deposit in place of the spend account even though the spend account banking information is the return method selected. The TT agent stated don't worry you will get your refund in 18 days. NO that is not true when you file EITC and others. We don't apply for this refund for the fun of it's. It's because we are struggling and are in need of the funds ASAP. We could of gone to an alternative tax-preparing company and gotten the advance. I know for me I was already approved elsewhere before utilizing TT. With that said does TT plan to acknowledge this mistake and make right by your consumers? The very least you could do is allow them the services they opted for and paid for which is to apply for the refund advance and or choose not to utilize TT and take their business elsewhere.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Why don't I have an update on my refund advance application after IRS accepted my return?

See these resources for more information:   

See Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program for more information.   

The IRS' 2024 tax filing season set for January 29 page   

TurboTax Help article When will my refund be deposited into my Credit Karma Money™ account?*    

Credit Karma's What is TurboTax Refund Advance?   

Make sure your accounts are linked: Linking Credit Karma with TurboTax Account  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies