turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WHY DOES TURBOTAX STILL NOT ALLOW AMENDED RETURNS

ive spoke with the irs. and there saying that the amended returs should have been avalible the same time that htey added them to ther own website so how can yall say your wating for the update on how to do it whe ntheve been doing it and everyone keeps saying just go click on your 2020 taxes scroll down to amend and it loads like its gonna let me then cuts out saying its not ready waiting on irs

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

You have up to three years from the due date of your return to amend or change something that was reported on your original return.  It is understandable that you want to get it taken care of as soon as possible.  However, due to the many changes in the tax laws that have been passed recently, the TurboTax program is still being updated.  

Take a look at the following TurboTax article for more information and click the link in the article to register your email address so that you will be notified when you can come back and amend your return:

Why can't I amend my return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just because I have three years to do it doesn’t mean I want to wait three years to receive my tax returns TurboTax is the only company right now that Cant amend returns everyone else can everyone I’ve spoken to doesn’t understand why just TurboTax can’t amend returns the IRS website can H&R Block can other people on Random sites can just turbotax and I keep getting told that I can’t amend my return on any other site because I filed on TurboTax but TurboTax thinks it’s cool to just screw us all 

TT can amend Federal returns now.  See this:

How do I amend my 2020 return? (intuit.com)

Just be aware that, when TT (or any software company) make a programming change, the IRS must approve it before it can be released.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies