Why does the IRS website say my information is inc...

jacq92tax

Why does the IRS website say my information is incorrect when I check the status of my return but it was accepted on 2/11/2021?

parsonsaj

I'm in exactly the same boat. Submitted and accepted on the 11th... every time I put in the correct data on the IRS2Go app, it tells me that the information does not match. I get the exact same response in the IRS app if I just put in nonsense numbers too... so it's as if the IRS hasn't *really* accepted it, even though Turbotax tells us they have. 

Also, I filed my Georgia State taxes at the same time, and those are still "pending" status all these days later. Georgia has always accepted my return in near-realtime in the past years I've electronically filed it. 

UPDATE 2/17:

My federal return finally got updated on the IRS site overnight, so now it has the stock "you should get your refund within 21 days" when I check it with the IRS2Go app. The Georgia return, however, is still stuck in "PENDING" status within Turbotax. This has never happened to me in many years of using Turbotax to electronically file both federal and state returns. 

supermommys4

I'm dealing with the same situation as you are! Both fed & state have been "accepted" on 2/13/2021...

I've received confirmation emails from turbo Tax- should I also be expecting one from the IRS?!
so frustrating  

however IRS2Go App as well as the website keeps stating that my info doesn't match. The website also shows a message

"We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS"

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see the TurboTax FAQ Why is my return still pending? for more information on the pending status of some returns.