cccaitlinn

Why does my From 8889 say Do Not File, Form Not Final on it? Do I need to amend my filed tax return? I took the information from my W-2 and Form 1099-SA??

I used all the forms I was given for my HSA, so I'm not sure what isn't final about it?
ChondelLO

You don't necessarily have to amend your tax return because of the Do Not File, Form Not Final message. For possible causes of this message please click the link below.

Why does DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL appear on my ...

chriskosicki

Same thing happened to me. Turbo Tax has 0 answers for the error. The forms were finalized on 01/28 and after that date customers were allowed to file. Yet the DO NOT FILE still appears on printouts. It is unknown if they will be electronically filed with that on it and if they will be rejected by the IRS. It is a mistake on the processing/coding side of TurboTax and they have not said whether it will be fixed or not. Shame on them

EbonyL122824

@chriskosicki See the following TurboTax FAQ for assistance.https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/why-does-do-not-file-form-not-final-appear-on-my-printo...