Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does it say I haven’t filed my taxes yet on turbotax but got emails from the IRS saying they have been accepted approved and sent out but a bill &received nothing

It has been over 2 months, when I try to check track my refund it can’t find any info, and if I try to resend it on TurboTax it says can’t be filed due to duplicate social security number .. I’m so. Confused . And of course can’t reach a live person anywhere
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why does it say I haven’t filed my taxes yet on turbotax but got emails from the IRS saying they have been accepted approved and sent out but a bill &received nothing

Whoa.  Slow down.  If Turbo Tax says is was accepted then the IRS got it.  Did the IRS change your return and send you a bill?  How much was the original refund?  How much is the bill?  How much on 1040 lines 28 and 30?

The 2 most common reasons this year is you entered the wrong amount on line 30 for the Recovery Rebate Credit (3rd Stimulus payment) or line 28 for the Child Tax Credit.  Those lines are just if you didn't already get the full amount or qualify for more.  The IRS knows what they already sent you.  

A lot of people answered the questions wrong and tried to claim the credits again.  Double check your bank statements and Check your IRS account (both accounts if married)

Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

Oh, did you get a Turbo Tax bill to pay the fees?  The IRS is taking a long time to send refunds, like 6 months or more, so keep waiting.

Are the fees supposed to come out of your refund?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund you still have to pay the fees in time.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees.  If you don't pay they will debit your account.  You had to agree to it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies