Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does Franchise tax board cannot process my amended return? Are they not expert to determine the eligibility for amended return?

I called them twice already & both representatives are saying that I need to pay $403 instead of refund of $492
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why does Franchise tax board cannot process my amended return? Are they not expert to determine the eligibility for amended return?

TurboTax receives no information from the state after you file your tax return, so no one at TT knows what the state changed or why they now say that you owe.  Apparently they believe you made a mistake, but no one at TurboTax can say what it was.   Only the state can explain it to you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Was the 403 the tax due on the original state return?   You do need to pay that.  Then the amended return is for the difference you get back.   The amended return assumes you paid the first tax due.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies