turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

delvec129

Why do I have a $25 fee for having my refund direct deposited into my bank account or even if I have the check sent via mail?

you did not answer my question
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why do I have a $25 fee for having my refund direct deposited into my bank account or even if I have the check sent via mail?

Are you using the Desktop program?  There is no fee to get your refund either in the Online version or the Desktop program.  There is a $25 fee to efile a state return in the Desktop program or you can print and mail state for free.  

There is not a $25 fee for having a direct deposit.  You have that confused with something else.  Are you using the CD/download?  If so, there is a $25 fee to e-file the state return, which you can avoid if you print and mail the state return instead.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

There's definitely a bug this year.  Fed e-file is free and state e-file is $25.

I noticed the $25 being deducted from the Federal refund.  I typically look at the forms too, and never saw this in the past.  I always pay $25 via credit card at end as they tack on a $40 processing fee if you let them pull out of the return.   THAT's a JUNK FEE!!!

Well I paid the $25 state fee via credit card and the return it saved shows the $25 difference between amount overpaid and the amount refunded to me.  So who's snagging my $25?  

Not following you.  Can you post a screenshot of that?  Cover up any personal info.  

On your 1040 return?  Do you have a refund on line 35a?  Anything on line 36 or 38?  Did you maybe  accidentally apply the $25 to next year?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies