turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

debi37857

Why did on the wheres my refund go off and say to check later in mid or the last of Feb about your refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Heather14

Why did on the wheres my refund go off and say to check later in mid or the last of Feb about your refund

There are some tax credits that take longer to process, the Earned Income Credit and the Child Tax Credit being included in those credits.  The IRS will start to release the refunds associated with the returns that include those credits February 15th.  
The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, signed into law in December 2015, requires the IRS to hold tax refunds that include Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15, 2017. 
You can read more about this at the following link: 
https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/facts-about-the-path-act-new-law-requires-irs-to-hold-some...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Heather14

There are some tax credits that take longer to process, the Earned Income Credit and the Child Tax Credit being included in those credits.  The IRS will start to release the refunds associated with the returns that include those credits February 15th.  
The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, signed into law in December 2015, requires the IRS to hold tax refunds that include Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15, 2017. 
You can read more about this at the following link: 
https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/facts-about-the-path-act-new-law-requires-irs-to-hold-some...

debi37857

It said to check back mid feb or the last of Feb because of the tax cedit.
debi37857

is that why the bars would go off and have that message about the child tax credit I mean everything sounds good otherwise
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies