turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did IRS not take the tax I owe from my bank?

Hi.  I filed my taxes and owe money.  I asked the IRS to deduct the money from my bank account on March 30th, but so far they have not.  I just checked my bank account info on my return and it is correct.  I received my state refund a few days after I filed but the IRS has not taken the money I owe.  Any ideas why?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS asks that if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, to give them a call. I have seen several updates from customers and their tax payments were withdrawn between 10-12 days later.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. If you did not choose a withdraw date then it would be deducted July 15, 2020, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Please see the link below for more information:

When will my tax payment go through?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS asks that if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, to give them a call. I have seen several updates from customers and their tax payments were withdrawn between 10-12 days later.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. If you did not choose a withdraw date then it would be deducted July 15, 2020, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Please see the link below for more information:

When will my tax payment go through?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies