Atticus1

Why did IRS not take the tax I owe from my bank?

Hi.  I filed my taxes and owe money.  I asked the IRS to deduct the money from my bank account on March 30th, but so far they have not.  I just checked my bank account info on my return and it is correct.  I received my state refund a few days after I filed but the IRS has not taken the money I owe.  Any ideas why?  

CassLO

The IRS asks that if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, to give them a call. I have seen several updates from customers and their tax payments were withdrawn between 10-12 days later.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. If you did not choose a withdraw date then it would be deducted July 15, 2020, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Please see the link below for more information:

When will my tax payment go through?

CassLO

When will my tax payment go through?