corrosive23

Why are state returns still pending? I usually have my refund by now.

EbonyL122824

Some states start processing e-filed returns at the same time as the IRS, while others don't start processing until sometime later.  The IRS just started processing tax returns today.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending/00/26146

corrosive23

That's not an answer. The last 4 years I have filed on the same date and recieved my state return by now. Now you are saying the state is waiting for the IRS to open filling? According to my state tax board, they accepted returns beginning January 12th.

tshere95

Yeah, something is up with state this year.  I know I had mine back by now last year.

KatrinaLO

Even if you filed your federal and state returns at the same time, your state may not start processing it at the same time as the IRS. It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after a federal return has been accepted.

You will need to reach out to the particular state's tax department to obtain further information on your refund check and if your filing was completed. Each state is different, from the types of taxes that are imposed to the manner in which refunds are issued. 

Please see the following link for more information regarding pending state tax returns. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending/00/26146