Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

corrosive23
Returning Member

Why are state returns still pending? I usually have my refund by now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Some states start processing e-filed returns at the same time as the IRS, while others don't start processing until sometime later.  The IRS just started processing tax returns today.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending/00/26146

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
corrosive23
Returning Member

That's not an answer. The last 4 years I have filed on the same date and recieved my state return by now. Now you are saying the state is waiting for the IRS to open filling? According to my state tax board, they accepted returns beginning January 12th.

Yeah, something is up with state this year.  I know I had mine back by now last year.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Even if you filed your federal and state returns at the same time, your state may not start processing it at the same time as the IRS. It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after a federal return has been accepted.

You will need to reach out to the particular state's tax department to obtain further information on your refund check and if your filing was completed. Each state is different, from the types of taxes that are imposed to the manner in which refunds are issued. 

Please see the following link for more information regarding pending state tax returns. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending/00/26146

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies