chris_jodie

Why are other people who are affected by PATH Act that filed after I did being told when they will receive their refund, but mine still says processing?

bchostpatricia

No one seems to know the answer to that. I filed and was accepted on 1/25.  I did NOT have EIC or ACTC, and mine is still "processing".  Apparently there are people with EIC that filed after I did, that already have their refunds. Doesn't seem right :(

bchostpatricia

chris_jodie

You are correct....there seems no rhyme or reason as to their madness....doesn't seem right at all.
chris_jodie

Well I have been "Being Processed" since before they put the "cover" note on the irs.gov site.  I find it ridiculous, that I filed a good 3 weeks before other people that also have PATH waiting on theirs and they get notification of deposit while mine is still "in process"  I have filed the same, claimed the same children for 16 years (oh they are mine)....I even claimed 3 children for years, but one is no longer a dependent as of this year (Oh yeah I followed the rules even though he lives with me and I hold and pay for his insurance and half his support last year, but since he made over 4500.00 I used that rule and didn't claim him)....so my question is it because of how much I get back because I follow the rules?  I got a blanket answer from Turbo Tax so this is my response to them......no answer to that one yet.