Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which mailing address to use for disputing a California Franchise Tax Board 5818 Notice?

I just got an FTB 5818 Notice saying that I don't have Health Insurance.

I am planning to dispute it by sending in my 1095-B.

Question: Which mailing address should I be using:

a: 

Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942840
Sacramento CA [removed]

or

b:

Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942867
Sacramento CA [removed]

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Which mailing address to use for disputing a California Franchise Tax Board 5818 Notice?

you apparently have posted on numerous forums. if there's no address on the notice then call the FTB.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

you apparently have posted on numerous forums. if there's no address on the notice then call the FTB.

Thanks, Mike9241.

I did call FTB to confirm.  Yes, you are correct.  The mailing address is listed in the upper left-hand corner of the notice itself.  Reporting back so that others will know what to do.

yeah, sorry about posting on different forums.  This is the first time I got a notice from FTB and was freaking out.

Best Regards.

fongSF

vasuvirus

Hi @fongSF 

I received the same letter as you did. how were you able to solve your issue? By reading on an FB group it seems like you need to contact them and they asked to Fax the relevant document. Is that what you also did? Any information would be really appreciated! 

Hello!  Glad that you bring this up today.  👍  So here's what I did:

- Got the 5818 Notice on 7/16/21.

- IMPORTANT: Sign-up for myFTB on 7/16/21.  Once done, FTB will mail you a 4 Digits Pin; expect a week to arrive.

- Mailed (USPS Priority w/ Tracking) in my FTB 3853 + 1095-B on 7/19.  USPS website shows it arrives at the destination on 7/20.  (This didn't help in my case btw; see below.)

- Got my 4 Digits Pin on 7/24/21.

- Sign-in to myFTB with the 4 Digits Pin 7/26/21 this morning + do an Online Chat session.  The lady said FTB hasn't received my USPS mail yet...🙄  So in the myFTB portal, I uploaded the pdf version of the above 2 forms.  She reviewed the forms and is able to remove the penalty on the spot.  👍

TLDR:  Signup for my myFTB and start an online chat + upload any forms that are needed by the FTB.

Best of luck to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies