Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where's my refund?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where's my refund?

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return but we can provide information about estimated refund processing times. According to the IRS website What to expect for Refunds This Year more than 9 out of 10 refunds are issued in less than 21 days after the IRS accepts the tax return when you e-file and choose direct deposit as your refund choice. 

Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day.

For more on the timing of your refund please see this TurboTax FAQ.

If you are anticipating a state tax return refund those processing times vary from state to state. To check on a state refund please visit your state Department of Revenue website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where's my refund?

I'm also waiting for a refund - it's been about 6 weeks for a direct deposit. I've started looking in the TurboTax file for the date submitted, etc, and can't find any info other than the status "The IRS has accepted your return." I imagine TurboTax is unable to follow-up for us on missing refunds; but I need some basic information in order to follow up with the IRS. Is there any place I can find it?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Where's my refund?

For more information regarding the delay in your refund, you'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay as they are the only ones with the ability to check your information. You can reach them at 800-829-1040. When calling, be sure to have the following:

• Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
  • Your filing status (Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint, or Married Filing Separate)
  • Your prior-year tax return (they may ask you questions from it to verify your identity)
  • A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
  • Any letters they may have sent you
  • Paper and pen to take notes—make sure to write down the day you called and the name and ID number of the agent you spoke to, as well as any instructions or deadlines you were given.

Please note: It may take over an hour to get your call answered as the IRS lines are busy as well as operating with limited staff at this time.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

Where's my refund?

it's been 10 weeks since I filed, everything was accepted and approved on the same day 2/3 somehow, so fast.

I've received No update. no mail, no audit response. So calling would be unnecessary, if they need more info they should have mail me out something by now right,

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Where's my refund?

Correct, if the IRS needs additional information, they will send you a letter. What does the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site show? If your return is processing, during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Please see the link below for more information:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

Where's my refund?

I don't know how the **bleep**, turbotax can email me a Automatic debit for: 04/10/2020 | 

and my filing process is not done. I don't want  a negative balance on my card, so how can I stop that.

because if that happens I will decline  that transaction.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Where's my refund?

If you elected to  have your fees deducted from your refund, please click here to learn more about why your account will be auto debited. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies