turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where's my refund said my federal tax was being withheld in tax obligation. After the IRS takes what I owe will the status change on where's my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Where's my refund said my federal tax was being withheld in tax obligation. After the IRS takes what I owe will the status change on where's my refund?

I'm not sure what you mean by "in tax obligation", but if you mean your refund is being withheld to pay back taxes the IRS can take the entire amount up to what you owe them.

Can the status on where's my refund change after the it's takes the money?
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Yes - it will show the refund as paid.

But if there is any extra money left, will I be refunded the rest?
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Yes, you will.

Where's my refund said my refund has been applied to a past due IRS tax obligation. My refund was $5000 and I owe $2000, will I get the remainder of my refund and will the status change on Where's my refund?
Manage cookies