edmondsfamily20

Where's my refund said my federal tax was being withheld in tax obligation. After the IRS takes what I owe will the status change on where's my refund?

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I'm not sure what you mean by "in tax obligation", but if you mean your refund is being withheld to pay back taxes the IRS can take the entire amount up to what you owe them.

edmondsfamily20

Can the status on where's my refund change after the it's takes the money?
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Yes - it will show the refund as paid.
edmondsfamily20

But if there is any extra money left, will I be refunded the rest?
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Yes, you will.
edmondsfamily20

Where's my refund said my refund has been applied to a past due IRS tax obligation. My refund was $5000 and I owe $2000, will I get the remainder of my refund and will the status change on Where's my refund?