Felbdogg

Where's My Refund 2 months later?

Where's My Refund 2 months later?

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The IRS is seriously behind in processing 2020 tax returns.  This is due to many factors, such as the pandemic, completing processing of millions of 2019 tax returns, stimulus payments, unemployment compensation exclusion tax refunds., changes in the tax code by Congress in the middle of the 2020 tax season and the like.

Millions of taxpayers have not yet received there federal tax refunds.

Go to this IRS website for operational status - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of June 23, 2021, we had 17.5 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include tax year 2020 returns such as those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Felbdogg

Where's My Refund 2 months later?

I have contacted the IRS several times with the only response every time is "It's Being Processed".  One time the guy from IRS told me I should see something happen or get a letter by June 23 and nothing happened and no letter.  My brother used H&R and received his taxes in no time filing on the same day.  I choose TurboTax because I've used this for years and never had an issues.  No going on almost 3 months since I filed on Apr 13 this is getting old.  As I was filing for "Free" TurboTax made me pay $60 to file in the first place which I've never had to do before so I have no idea.  Pay $60 so wait for nothing with no letters or any info on what's going on sucks.